If you need a healthy and pleasing meal in a rush! You will love this flawlessly seasoned mixture of sausage, onions, zucchini, and peppers. Whole30 compliant, gluten-loose and dairy-loose.
This reassuring meal may be enjoyed independently or you are welcome to serve it on cauliflower or conventional-rice. In any event you are probably to be pleasantly gobbling the whole thing up in 20 minutes or less.
This Skillet Sausage and Zucchini is straightforward and delicous. It tastes similar to a classic Italian Sausage and peppers dish but you have become a few additional veggies in there because of its zucchini.
Use your preferred completely cooked sausage. I desire Applegate Chicken Sausage (the only by the fridge case in place of the frozen phase) on account that their aspect list is exceptional and I actually have never attempted one of the sorts which I did no longer like.
HOW TO MAKE
Skillet Sausage and Zucchini
If you want a healthy and satisfying meal in a rush! You will love this perfectly seasoned mixture of sausage, onions, zucchini, and peppers. Whole30 compliant, gluten-free and dairy-free.
2 medium zucchini cubed
4 fully cooked sausages sliced into circles ¼-inch thick
1 onion cut into ¾ inch pieces (close to same size as zucchini)
¼ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried basil
fresh basil for garnish (optinoal)
1 bell pepper any color, cut into ¾-inch pieces (close to same size as zucchini)
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp pepper
2 ½ tbsp olive or avocado oil
½ tsp salt
1 tsp garlic minced
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high-heat.
- When the oil is hot, then add chopped sausage and sautè, flipping sausage often, for a few minutes or till sausage slices have some browning. Remove from pan and put aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 1 ½ tbsp of oil to skillet together with the zucchini, onion & bell pepper. Then sprinkle with oregano, garlic powder, basil, onion powder, pepper and salt. Stir.
- Let cook till the onion is translucent, peppers and zucchini are near tender for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage back into the skillet together with minced garlic. Stir. Cover so everything moves through for a few minutes. Taste and add additional salt if needed.
- If wanna make Whole30, be sure you select a Whole30 compliant sausage.